What is BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)?
Bachelor of Business Administration or BBA is one of the most popular bachelor degree programmes after class XII. The BBA course is the gateway to numerous job opportunities in a plethora of sectors like Marketing, Education, Finance, Sales, and Government
BBA course details
- The 3-year professional undergraduate course in Business Management is open to students from all the three streams: Science, Arts and Commerce.
- The BBA course offers knowledge and training in management and leadership skills to prepare them for managerial roles and entrepreneurship.
- During the tenure of the course, candidates learn various aspects of business administration and management through class room lectures and practical projects like internship.
BBA Eligibility Criteria
- Aspirants who have completed their Class XII (10+2 level) in any stream from a recognised educational board or university can pursue BBA
- The candidates must have attained an aggregate score of 50% and above in Class XII
- In case a candidate has appeared for Class XII exam and is waiting for the result, s/he can also apply to the course
BBA Syllabus and Subjects
Given below is the list of few subjects and topics under BBA Syllabus
|Principles of Management
||Business Mathematics & Statics
||Introduction to Operations Research
||Financial & Management Accounting
||Production & Material Management
|Personnel Management & Industry Relations
||Business Data Processing
||Introduction to Psychology
|Introduction to Sociology
|Essentials of Marketing
||Corporate Strategic Management
||Human Resource Management
|MIS / Systems Design
||Understanding Industry and Markets
||Leadership and Ethics
||International Business Management
|Sales & Distribution Management
||Commercial Bank Management
|Manufacture Planning and Control
|Family Business Management
||Export/ Import Management
||Financial & Commodity Derivatives
||Financial Modelling using spreadsheets
|Industrial Relations and Labour Legislation
BBA Jobs & Top Recruiters
On completion of BBA, aspirants generally opt for MBA. However, candidates can also choose to explore job opportunities in various fields like banking, urban infrastructure & real estate management, business consultancies, advertising, manufacturing and in Government sectors to name a few. Some major job profiles one can opt for after completion of BBA are as follows:
- Human Resource Executive: The responsibility of a Human Resource Executive (HR Executive) includes ensuring that the strategies, methodology and HR programs are administered and the objectives of the organisation are in consistence with proficient benchmarks, state and government administrative prerequisites and laws. Also, planning, advising on HR strategies and overseeing human asset activities like enrollment and pay is the key responsibility of an HR Manager. The average salary of Human Resource Manager is Rs 4 lakh and upwards
- Marketing Executive: A Marketing Executive develops official statements and is responsible for promotion for the organisation’s products, conducting and analysing a competitive research, and establishing objectives, expectations and results for marketing programmes. The average salary of Marketing Executive is Rs 3 lakh and upwards
- Marketing Manager: A Marketing Manager collaborates with product managers and aims at executing new/ modified programs for the establishment of improved strategies. Developing market research studies & analyze their finding, making the best use of marketing programs & campaigns for the organisation’s products and services are the responsibilities of a Marketing Manager. The average salary of a Marketing Manager is Rs 4.5 lakh and upwards
- Sales Executive: The Sales Executive is required to design and implement strategies to increase company sales revenue and expand the company’s base in the market. The average salary of a Sales Executive is Rs 3 lakh and upwards.
- Research and Development (R&D) Executive: A R&D Manager directs and manages the development & research programmes of an organisation in order to meet the needs of the organisation. Measuring the scope of research projects & making sure that they are delivered on time within the stipulated budget is the role of an R&D Manager. The average salary of a Sales Executive is Rs 2 lakh and upwards.